04-01-2022, 20:40
I doubt even half of our positive cases are reporting as such so the numbers are completely skewed. Don't think anyone's counting either! Every second person I know either has, or has had it, and are testing with over the counter test kits - it's become a bit of old hat. Most are experiencing very mild symptoms, especially if vaccinated. Omicron is highly transmissible and has spread rapidly but doesn't seem to have big teeth. There will always be exceptions of course, and how does anyone know how susceptible they are until they have it? Nevertheless, we are easing back into normal - supposing there is such a thing! No more curfew - for the first time in nearly two years, it was scrapped just before new year - suspect the powers that be made a calculated decision there - would never have been able to keep up with enforcement! Still wearing masks in shopping centres, etc., which is ridiculous considering you whip them off the moment you go into a crowded restaurant, for example, which if anything, is where you are most likely to contract it, and contact tracing is also a thing of the past - don't think anyone can keep up. People I know who have tested positive are still being respectful enough to isolate, but I'm sure there are plenty that aren't. Luckily for us, we very much have an outdoors lifestyle which probably helps.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

