The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Red Hot Chili Peppers News
#1
from rolling stone

[Image: 31396472-31396477-slarge.jpg]

Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante has confirmed that he has “quit” the band, writing in a MySpace blog post, “To put it simply, my musical interests have led me in a different direction.” The Peppers are reportedly working on their follow-up to 2006’s Stadium Arcadium, and rumors began circulating last week that Frusciante had permanently left RHCP and was replaced by guitarist Josh Klinghoffer, who along with Frusciante toured with the band in 2007 and also appeared on Frusciante’s 2009 solo album The Empyrean. Until now, representatives for the RHCPs would not confirm the news of Frusciante’s departure to Rolling Stone. Frusciante clarifies in his MySpace post that he actually left the band over a year ago when they were on indefinite hiatus.

“I really love the band and what we did,” Frusciante writes, adding that there was no drama or anger involved in his decision to leave. “Over the last 12 years, I have changed, as a person and artist, to such a degree that to do further work along the lines I did with the band would be to go against my own nature. There was no choice involved in this decision. I simply have to be what I am, and have to do what I must do.”

Frusciante’s statement ends his second stint with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. After appearing on 1989’s Mother’s Milk and 1991’s Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Frusciante left the Peppers in 1992. Following RHCP’s brief Dave Navarro era, Frusciante rejoined the band for their three most recent albums: Californication, By The Way and Stadium Arcadium. In September, the band was nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame; as RS revealed earlier this week, the Peppers will not be a part of the Hall’s class of 2010.

Read Frusciante’s full letter to fans here:

“When I quit the band, over a year ago, we were on an indefinite hiatus. There was no drama or anger involved, and the other guys were very understanding. They are supportive of my doing whatever makes me happy and that goes both ways.

To put it simply, my musical interests have led me in a different direction. Upon rejoining, and throughout my time in the band, I was very excited about exploring the musical possibilities inherent in a rock band, and doing so with those people in particular. A couple of years ago, I began to feel that same excitement again, but this time it was about making a different kind of music, alone, and being my own engineer.

I really love the band and what we did. I understand and value that my work with them means a lot to many people, but I have to follow my interests. For me, art has never been something done out of a sense of duty. It is something I do because it is really fun, exciting, and interesting. Over the last 12 years, I have changed, as a person and artist, to such a degree that to do further work along the lines I did with the band would be to go against my own nature. There was no choice involved in this decision. I simply have to be what I am, and have to do what I must do.

Sending love and gratitude to you all.”

Reply


Messages In This Thread
Red Hot Chili Peppers News - by Music Head - 18-12-2009, 01:52

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SINGLE: The National - "tropic morning news" CRAZY-HORSE 0 950 20-01-2023, 23:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Red Hot Chilli Peppers - return of the dream canteen CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,121 27-10-2022, 21:25
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Unlimited Love Music Head 1 916 13-04-2022, 23:15
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Black Summer Music Head 1 776 20-02-2022, 22:30
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS - "black summer" CRAZY-HORSE 0 697 03-02-2022, 22:49
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Mac Miller - Good News Music Head 1 1,145 25-01-2020, 12:48
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Tori Amos News Music Head 2 2,012 13-01-2017, 18:20
Last Post: Jerome
  Sinead O'Connor News Music Head 3 2,402 05-01-2017, 19:38
Last Post: Oceansoul
  Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dark Necessities Music Head 0 864 30-06-2016, 11:08
Last Post: Music Head
  Red Hot Chilli Peppers "the getaway" CRAZY-HORSE 4 2,767 29-06-2016, 11:16
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: