Every now and then I buy an off-the-wall music magazine just to hear what people are up to. I bought the latest edition of 'Wire' and it comes with a CD of original music - mainly experimental stuff - new-age/world/electronica stuff. Busy listening to this at the moment and all I can say is there must be some seriously hard drugs in circulation at present because the stuff on this disc borders on the bizarre. A lot of it sounds like random experimentation without a clue as to where it is all going. A sonic free-for-all and no real focus or journey to the tracks at all. Humans are weird. I sure as hell could not listen to this a second time. Technology is playing the musician instead of the other way around.
Correction - found one track that actually makes sense to me. 'Ocean' by Hinako Omori - whoever that is. Not bad. There is hope...
Now I am listening to the next track - it sounds like electronic farts in a car parts factory. God help us.
The next track is called 'An Absolute Living Hell Part 1'. Well at least they got the title right.
OK I need an Asprin now. Really must stop listening to this stuff a 3.30 in the morning. I won't be getting any sleep tonight...
Correction - found one track that actually makes sense to me. 'Ocean' by Hinako Omori - whoever that is. Not bad. There is hope...
Now I am listening to the next track - it sounds like electronic farts in a car parts factory. God help us.
The next track is called 'An Absolute Living Hell Part 1'. Well at least they got the title right.
OK I need an Asprin now. Really must stop listening to this stuff a 3.30 in the morning. I won't be getting any sleep tonight...
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi

