Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
An A-Z of New Age artists
#31
Well here’s someone who marches to the beat of his very own drum, or should I say his multiple synthesizers. Tim Blake was involved with Gong, way back in the day, as well as Hawkwind. He’s also collaborated with Patrice Warrener who is a light show specialist. Space rock, in a word (or two!) – kind of - reminds me of someone else and I can't quite pin it down - there’s something very appealing about his work, I find. Maybe because I quite like people who are a little bit extraordinary, to be polite. LOL! Oh, and the other thing – we share a birthdate – a fellow airy fairy Aquarian weirdo. 

The music might be somewhat off the beaten track, but I think he knows what he’s doing. He believes in it, for one thing, which goes a long way! Interesting stuff. I’m somewhat put in mind of Pete Bardens’ solo work although this is more sophisticated, I’d say. He’s on my radar now. I liked his Tide of the Century album cover (the concept, at least), so I listened to that, as well as meandering through some of his other work. The two examples I am picking are “Tonight” from Magick …





and the title track from Tide of the Century ... 



"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply


Messages In This Thread
An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 13-11-2023, 19:19
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 14-11-2023, 18:41
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 16-11-2023, 08:19
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 20-11-2023, 18:08
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Music Head - 20-11-2023, 21:14
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 26-11-2023, 10:37
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 26-11-2023, 11:10
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 03-12-2023, 11:03
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 30-12-2023, 18:10
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 30-12-2023, 18:13
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 30-12-2023, 18:20
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 31-12-2023, 17:31
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 01-01-2024, 10:13
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 15-01-2024, 17:01
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 28-01-2024, 19:15
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 11-02-2024, 18:48
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 11-02-2024, 19:01
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 27-02-2024, 14:20
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 10-03-2024, 19:33
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 10-03-2024, 19:51
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by JeromeD - 11-03-2024, 03:30
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 05-05-2024, 13:59
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 05-05-2024, 14:46
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 26-05-2024, 10:37
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 26-05-2024, 17:08
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 30-05-2024, 11:16
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 22-09-2024, 15:26
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 01-12-2024, 11:46
RE: An A-Z of New Age artists - by Ruby - 08-05-2025, 19:38

Forum Jump: