20-10-2015, 06:52
1950: Tom Petty:
that makes him 65...
American musician, singer and songwriter. He is the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and was a founding member of the late 1980s supergroup the Traveling Wilburys and Mudcrutch. He has also performed under the pseudonyms of Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr. and Muddy Wilbury. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers had the 1977 single 'American Girl', the 1989 UK No.28 single 'I Won't Back Down', and the 1991 UK No.3 album 'Into The Great Wide Open'. With the Traveling Wilburys, the 1988 UK No. 21 single 'Handle With Care'. Petty has also released a string of solo albums, and Throughout his career and has sold over 60 million albums.
I don't have as much of his work as I should...
I have both Travelling Wilbury albums, a couple of his solo albums and a compilation....
here's one that comes to mind immediately when I think of Petty...
[video=youtube;rqDq3eyTGck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqDq3eyTGck[/video]
that makes him 65...
American musician, singer and songwriter. He is the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and was a founding member of the late 1980s supergroup the Traveling Wilburys and Mudcrutch. He has also performed under the pseudonyms of Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr. and Muddy Wilbury. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers had the 1977 single 'American Girl', the 1989 UK No.28 single 'I Won't Back Down', and the 1991 UK No.3 album 'Into The Great Wide Open'. With the Traveling Wilburys, the 1988 UK No. 21 single 'Handle With Care'. Petty has also released a string of solo albums, and Throughout his career and has sold over 60 million albums.
I don't have as much of his work as I should...
I have both Travelling Wilbury albums, a couple of his solo albums and a compilation....
here's one that comes to mind immediately when I think of Petty...
[video=youtube;rqDq3eyTGck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqDq3eyTGck[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

