13-04-2025, 17:41
Happy Birthday to Max Weinberg - E Street band drummer, amongst other gigs (the Max Weinberg 7 on the Conan O'Brien show) - born on this day in 1951, in Newark, New Jersey. He's also played on several other not insignificant releases including Bat out of Hell and at one stage, he featured in two top performing singles at the same time - Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" (No 1) and Air Supply's "Making Love out of Nothing at all" (No 2) - also courtesy of Mr Steinman. Must have been heady stuff! He'd chucked over his degree, six credits short, to join Springsteen, and it certainly appears as though he never had cause for regret. I read that he never takes his focus off the Boss when they're performing live which gives him the ability to pre-empt any improvisational moves and literally not miss a beat.
I'm not linking any track in particular - I expect most people can play them in their head from memory in any case - the big songs ... so here is an excerpt from an interview with the crew ...
And a bit by Max himself talking about the really big one -
I'm not linking any track in particular - I expect most people can play them in their head from memory in any case - the big songs ... so here is an excerpt from an interview with the crew ...
And a bit by Max himself talking about the really big one -
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

