Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What does your music collection lool like ?
#33
I agree Jerome, most (barring the young MD members for the most part) will just grab "the latest" sensation in music and then delete it later for the new kid on the block. I worked with 30 people or more at times during my career and I found this was the case with them....listening to the "latest band or artist" ...I only knew ONE coworker who would dabble in all music of all times and I have a few close friends who go back to the classics and are into all sorts of music.

I watched the X Factor this week (yes I appreciate ALL music amateur or otherwise) and this Josh dude sang a very moving rendition of the Beatles' Something ....there's a song that has been around for 42 years or so !!!...I wonder why ????....the Classics still are prominent 50 years later ?,,,why...I digress a bit, sorry.


Jerome Wrote:I prefer physical copies to invisible mp3's. Bought a couple of album downloads but it's just not the same thing. Then you have to make sure you have it all backed up because if you lose your disk drive or iPod you're screwed. So the new convenient technology is not so convenient anymore is it! Wonder what's going to happen when we are all forced to change to newer versions of out operating systems one day????? I do take a portable mp3 player on holiday with me simply because it's a lot easier than lugging discs around. But at home it's always CD's. One thing to note here - because of the 'disposability' of music these days the younger generation are not going to 'hold' onto classic albums - they're just going to keep changing to the next big thing. Maybe the concept of the classic album is a dying one? Any thoughts on this one guys?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What does your music collection lool like ? - by SteveO - 09-12-2011, 15:17

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My CD Collection Music Head 195 26,489 2 hours ago
Last Post: Music Head
  Billboard Music Charts For 2026 Music Head 48 16,974 29-09-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  White Town - Your Woman (Music Video) (1997) - Filming Locations Then and Now ChrisBungo 0 494 23-05-2026, 18:29
Last Post: ChrisBungo
  My Vinyl Collection Music Head 434 98,080 16-04-2026, 01:17
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Billboard Music Charts For 2025 Music Head 75 63,667 23-12-2025, 13:26
Last Post: Music Head
  Tibetan Music for Relaxation and Healing Meditation clrichey 0 880 23-10-2025, 01:42
Last Post: clrichey
  Artistic Music Videos Sylwira 1 1,768 16-09-2025, 17:17
Last Post: ChrisBungo
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 68 23,315 24-12-2024, 13:52
Last Post: Music Head
  My Vinyl Collection Music Head 2 1,353 08-12-2024, 22:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 2,627 18-02-2024, 06:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: