01-02-2010, 23:58
Alright, u asked for it!
What do i look for i music? I suppose i can put it into words, but it may not come across exactly as i want it to, so keep that in mind!
I would say the common characteristics of all songs/pieces of music i like contain class first and foremost, no matter the genre. Next i would say it has to have passion, either in the vocals or the whole energy of the track. Then, i would say the lyrical content has to be both classy and strong, and when i say classy i do not want that to be misinterpreted as "no swearing". What i mean by it is that it has to be of high quality, not necessarily well thought out( it is possible to come up with fantastic lyrics out of the blue, a flash of inspiration u can call it), just high quality!
After that i would say, it has to have all the pieces fit well together, i.e a good intro, strong second verse, strong chorus, and a suitable conclusion.
I think all those things combined not only make a song i like, but i find they will make any song that follows such a process of conception; timeless. I do not believe i like, can like any song that doesn't meet up to at least the first two of my criteria, if possible all, which is sort of why i can listen to a song for about five seconds and decide if i will give it a chance or not.
P.S. I hope this is not some clever ploy to find out what people like for free, then use it to make music
mile:
What do i look for i music? I suppose i can put it into words, but it may not come across exactly as i want it to, so keep that in mind!
I would say the common characteristics of all songs/pieces of music i like contain class first and foremost, no matter the genre. Next i would say it has to have passion, either in the vocals or the whole energy of the track. Then, i would say the lyrical content has to be both classy and strong, and when i say classy i do not want that to be misinterpreted as "no swearing". What i mean by it is that it has to be of high quality, not necessarily well thought out( it is possible to come up with fantastic lyrics out of the blue, a flash of inspiration u can call it), just high quality!
After that i would say, it has to have all the pieces fit well together, i.e a good intro, strong second verse, strong chorus, and a suitable conclusion.
I think all those things combined not only make a song i like, but i find they will make any song that follows such a process of conception; timeless. I do not believe i like, can like any song that doesn't meet up to at least the first two of my criteria, if possible all, which is sort of why i can listen to a song for about five seconds and decide if i will give it a chance or not.
P.S. I hope this is not some clever ploy to find out what people like for free, then use it to make music
mile:

