06-03-2010, 12:30
When I first got interested in setting up an album review, I felt that the time had come to challenge my comfortable well established musical tastes and expose myself to new and provoking material.
I think this album has helped me on my journey in that direction:
I have to be honest this is not really my taste but, I did give it a full audition until the end. There were moments when I was attracted to a particular groove or hook but, I did not feel that I could relate to the band on the level that they were attempting to interest with me on.
The first three tracks left me cold: âWhite Musicâ showed some promise, âThe Oneâ was not quite the one for me but, it was half way there. âSomeplace Else Unknownâ..................mmmmmmm not sure . âFeel itâ was fun and âFelt Tipped Pictures Of UFOsâ thought provoking and a bit disturbing !
[FONT="]Not every day listening for me but an interesting musical journey!
[/FONT]
I think this album has helped me on my journey in that direction:
I have to be honest this is not really my taste but, I did give it a full audition until the end. There were moments when I was attracted to a particular groove or hook but, I did not feel that I could relate to the band on the level that they were attempting to interest with me on.
The first three tracks left me cold: âWhite Musicâ showed some promise, âThe Oneâ was not quite the one for me but, it was half way there. âSomeplace Else Unknownâ..................mmmmmmm not sure . âFeel itâ was fun and âFelt Tipped Pictures Of UFOsâ thought provoking and a bit disturbing !
[FONT="]Not every day listening for me but an interesting musical journey!
[/FONT]
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

