Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do you start off a song?
#14
For me it depends on the purpose of the song. I almost always start with the music. If it's for a movie, I watch what I am scoring for about a million times and get the feel. If it's to sell something, I use the product name or catch phrase to get the meter and also the feel. If it's for a specific set of lyrics, I haven't written them, so I mumble away trying to set them. Usually however, I just sit with the guitar or jam away on the piano and see what comes up (sounds like throwing up...I hope not).
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soul (song) sing-a-long 0 1,633 09-04-2023, 18:39
Last Post: sing-a-long
  How do you write songs? How do you start and don't give up too soon? Natalia Sanderson 6 5,901 05-04-2021, 20:48
Last Post: vincent
  Which song lyrics do you like the best? Ledzepp 35 29,115 27-09-2016, 19:51
Last Post: oldies65
  Khaled Ajashi new own Song! LittleDun 0 2,792 25-09-2016, 02:32
Last Post: LittleDun
  Instrumental. New Song. Curious 0 2,344 21-03-2016, 09:58
Last Post: Curious
  New song we finished a couple weeks ago... Thoughts? good or bad. aurora4dth 3 3,828 27-02-2016, 10:51
Last Post: Jerome
  2016 French song Ozamindia 0 1,787 14-01-2016, 12:46
Last Post: Ozamindia
  Please check out this video of a new song that i wrote newriot 1 2,801 14-01-2016, 12:44
Last Post: Ozamindia
  Original song :))) MAYAN 1 2,337 14-01-2016, 12:43
Last Post: Ozamindia
  Original song! KahanoBeats_Bros - Stormy Night KahanoBeats_Bros 0 1,996 27-08-2015, 18:39
Last Post: KahanoBeats_Bros

Forum Jump: