13-07-2008, 12:36
I think regarding CSNY & Neil Young, it depends which NY albums you're talking about Jon. Some of his solo albums are obviously light years away from the group stuff, whilst others are very similar.
Grateful Dead are a tricky one. For years I persevered with them, and couldn't get past a mild liking for them, then about 4 or 5 years ago I had an epiphany whilst listening to one of their live albums, and now adore them. It all just suddenly slotted into place. Can't really think why that might be, unless my musical tastes have slowly shifted in their direction.
Grateful Dead are a tricky one. For years I persevered with them, and couldn't get past a mild liking for them, then about 4 or 5 years ago I had an epiphany whilst listening to one of their live albums, and now adore them. It all just suddenly slotted into place. Can't really think why that might be, unless my musical tastes have slowly shifted in their direction.

