17-07-2008, 17:39
Alex,
a good subject indeed !
I'm a member of a hi-fi forum which has been discussing this for ages now. Naturally the hi-fi community are incandescent with rage over this issue, but I must say I've only come across a few examples where the mastering is too "hot" for comfort.
Apparently there are signs that the pendulum is beginning to swing back a little, as artists & producers are starting to exert more control over how their hard work is presented.
I haven't looked at your link yet, but there is at least one 'net petition on this subject.
a good subject indeed !
I'm a member of a hi-fi forum which has been discussing this for ages now. Naturally the hi-fi community are incandescent with rage over this issue, but I must say I've only come across a few examples where the mastering is too "hot" for comfort.
Apparently there are signs that the pendulum is beginning to swing back a little, as artists & producers are starting to exert more control over how their hard work is presented.
I haven't looked at your link yet, but there is at least one 'net petition on this subject.

