Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Headphones vs. Earphones
#6
Someone help me out here. I see this term "noise canceling" or "noise reduction technology" used frequently. I take that to mean it is now an officialy recognized phrase. Doesn't anything you stick into your ear that produces sound, have the effect of reducing the volume of other noise? If you crank it up loud enough, you're not gonna hear anything else.

At any rate, I use both, depending on what I'm doing or how I am listening. Stereo (vinyl) is usually under the headphones, as I am chillin' on the sofa. Mp3 or cd player is usually earphones (buds), as I am usually outside moving around. I have yet to find any of those that will stay in my ears when moving around. What they call marshmallow type work the best, but still not great. Whether head or ear, the sound quality is fine for me. Seems obvious to me that headphones would be the best as far as reducing the influence of other noise, as your ears are enclosed.

Reply


Messages In This Thread
Headphones vs. Earphones - by JonG - 09-05-2010, 18:10
RE: Headphones vs. Earphones - by wcr - 30-05-2018, 10:26

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone heard of these headphones? Lis213 0 1,144 16-11-2016, 07:07
Last Post: Lis213
  Headphones Better than Beats? Homer Bluth 8 4,200 28-04-2016, 19:04
Last Post: 360dopes
  Advice on new headphones? Erixouther 13 4,746 15-09-2009, 03:51
Last Post: Erixouther

Forum Jump: