Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best (non musical) Film Soundtrack
#6
Morricone's The Mission is so beautiful. I've never seen the film, but the score just sounds perfect. I believe he was quite upset that it didn't win the Oscar that year.

I've got some Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard cues on compilation CDs. I've noticed, though, that on compilation CDs the same cues appear time and time again. I can understand why record labels do this they're playing safe - but I don't think it does composers or CD buyers justice.

John Williams is amazing. I was watching Saving Private Ryan last night and his music was so beautiful. But at the risk of sounding like I'm stuck in the 70s, can I just mention Throne Room/End Title from Star Wars? It just sends shivers up my spine whenever I hear it.

Finally, here's a question: do you think it's possible to dislike a film but enjoy the music? Mackenna's Gold was pretty lame as a film, but Quincy Jones' score was excellent.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Soundtrack - Toy Story 5 Music Head 0 600 07-07-2026, 11:29
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Charli xcx - Wuthering Heights (Soundtrack) Music Head 1 780 27-02-2026, 13:30
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Soundtrack - Stranger Things 5 Music Head 1 618 14-02-2026, 15:32
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Soundtrack - Wicked: For Good Music Head 0 645 04-12-2025, 12:35
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Nine Inch Nails - Tron:Ares (Soundtrack) Music Head 0 723 02-10-2025, 11:41
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Soundtrack - Kpop Demon Hunters Music Head 0 24,010 04-07-2025, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Soundtrack - Sinners Music Head 0 1,738 19-05-2025, 11:56
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Soundtrack - Mufasa: The Lion King Music Head 2 3,032 09-03-2025, 10:54
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW ALBUM: Soundtrack - Moana 2 Music Head 0 1,960 12-12-2024, 12:54
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Soundtrack - Wicked Music Head 0 1,789 06-12-2024, 14:02
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: