The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First song you learnt to play?
#1
So I was reminiscing the other day about what song(s) I learnt when I first took up the guitar and I was wondering what songs other forum members' learnt.

The first riff I learn was Smoke On The Water, because it was really easy and my Dad is a big Deep Purple fan so learning that riff was a big part in convincing my Dad that this was a good instrument to continue with!

Other songs included a couple of Blink ones, especially Dammit, and The Click by Good Charlotte. I was listening to some GC for the first time in years (probably since I learnt that song) and the memories came flooding back. It's quite a simple song but to learn it fully when you're starting out is a great feeling.

Also, many Oasis songs too. I think almost every British kid who is learning the guitar, will at one point or another be able to pull out Wonderwall or Morning Glory from his repertoire!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
First song you learnt to play? - by dominic_john - 01-06-2010, 01:41
First song you learnt to play? - by Jerome - 21-07-2011, 08:22

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our new instrumental piano cover song "let her go" Dimos Zagaris 1 3,078 24-05-2020, 06:39
Last Post: Jerome
  What Do You Play? Nick Dilley 28 16,982 05-02-2020, 08:20
Last Post: Subtle Q
  Here's Me Trying to Play and Record a Song While Drunk Fuzz 0 1,667 26-08-2016, 07:04
Last Post: Fuzz
  E Standard prog song/album/band ? ÔxyGen[FR] 0 1,428 03-07-2016, 13:22
Last Post: ÔxyGen[FR]
  I want to share my new song Jirka 18 9,285 03-05-2016, 09:02
Last Post: Jirka
  First Song GatorHunter 5 3,111 03-02-2016, 23:10
Last Post: vincent
  Hey I'm looking for some feedback on my new song. ManhattanPhanton 3 2,414 23-12-2015, 07:07
Last Post: ManhattanPhanton
  New song "A Better Day" frances 1 2,068 08-12-2015, 23:58
Last Post: Jirka
  New piano instrumental of the song " hello" by adele Dimos Zagaris 0 1,718 02-12-2015, 09:28
Last Post: Dimos Zagaris
  New song - "Waste of Space" - check it out! :-D NatnJenMusic 0 1,759 13-09-2015, 06:04
Last Post: NatnJenMusic

Forum Jump: