08-12-2011, 02:30
![[Image: 71mhNmDJGrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71mhNmDJGrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
LAURA MARLING "alas, i cannot swim" cd,2008.
debut set from the then 17 year old lass from Reading,NW London....
some magnificent melodies and vocals on this one IMO,
guessing that if you dont like the other two albums then you wont like this one neither, but either way, a talented young individual who has the world at her feet judging by the three albums she has now released.
this album is equal to anything people like Joni Mitchell released in their heyday and well worth the purchase price.
allmusic rates this one 3.5/5 or 2.1 on our rating system here, i am out of tune once again with that website but at least my score is higher than that of allmusic.
I LOVE THIS ALBUM
album rating: 2.4
from the album:
ghosts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-vbyIkkHiQ&ob=av2e video
cross your fingers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWsQvoud9hI&ob=av2e video
you're no god
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTrMc6U_8mM audio
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

