07-06-2010, 14:38
[quote=Beach][FONT=Georgia]My favourite songwriters of all time were Rodgers & Hart
with Richard Rogers supplying the music to Lorenz (Larry) Hart's words.
The words and the melodies were always brilliant and one of mine and Shirley's favourites was (I'll take) Manhattan - the words of which follow.
_________________________________________________________
[I]Summer journeys
To Niag'ra
And to other places
Aggravate all our cares.
We'll save our fares.
I've a cozy little flat
In what is known as old Manhattan.
We'll settle down
Right here in town.
QUOTE]
Edit for brevity*
Sigh........I bet you love Cole Porter too??
Night and Day has to be some of the sexiest lyrics ever!!
My all time favorite line from a song...and I am a lyric freak!!!! Is.....
*Don't let it bring you down..........it's only castles burning*
Neil Young
I could spend all day here lol I loves me some lyrics!!!!!
with Richard Rogers supplying the music to Lorenz (Larry) Hart's words.
The words and the melodies were always brilliant and one of mine and Shirley's favourites was (I'll take) Manhattan - the words of which follow.
_________________________________________________________
[I]Summer journeys
To Niag'ra
And to other places
Aggravate all our cares.
We'll save our fares.
I've a cozy little flat
In what is known as old Manhattan.
We'll settle down
Right here in town.
QUOTE]
Edit for brevity*
Sigh........I bet you love Cole Porter too??
Night and Day has to be some of the sexiest lyrics ever!!
My all time favorite line from a song...and I am a lyric freak!!!! Is.....
*Don't let it bring you down..........it's only castles burning*
Neil Young
I could spend all day here lol I loves me some lyrics!!!!!

