14-06-2010, 17:35
Hi Drealm
MmmmmmmH That's a tough one..............I got into ELP in my teens and it was through friends who liked them............took me a while .........I had to re-listen a few times to get the idea and before anything hooked me...................From where I stand now 35 years later I can see that there could be several ways in
Tarkus is a concept album which has its feet in the 70's , the basic idea is a mythical battle between two between tow techno beasts ................Its very keyboard centered and it shows Emerson at his flamboyant best BUT that is not all ELP have to offer
The "First Album" has a more balanced approach , it shows three sides to the band but does contain some more balanced parts too ........"Take A Pebble" is a wonderful starting point and it as that ,that really sold me on ELP along with Lucky Man....................There is also the fresh feel of the band exploring there talents in away that does not allow total self indulgence.
So, I guess go for the fist album but, be prepared to listen seveal tims over before it really makes an impression
MmmmmmmH That's a tough one..............I got into ELP in my teens and it was through friends who liked them............took me a while .........I had to re-listen a few times to get the idea and before anything hooked me...................From where I stand now 35 years later I can see that there could be several ways in
Tarkus is a concept album which has its feet in the 70's , the basic idea is a mythical battle between two between tow techno beasts ................Its very keyboard centered and it shows Emerson at his flamboyant best BUT that is not all ELP have to offer
The "First Album" has a more balanced approach , it shows three sides to the band but does contain some more balanced parts too ........"Take A Pebble" is a wonderful starting point and it as that ,that really sold me on ELP along with Lucky Man....................There is also the fresh feel of the band exploring there talents in away that does not allow total self indulgence.
So, I guess go for the fist album but, be prepared to listen seveal tims over before it really makes an impression
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

