Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Make Money being a musician
#6
An amusing story (and an indication of things to come) - one of the top brass in one of the major labels made a presentation to the media some years ago. (You can find this on the web somewhere - happened about 6 or 7 years ago) He proudly displayed a new CD format that he claimed was secure and could never be copied, decoded etc. etc. And he invited anyone to try and copy this top-secret new format by putting it on the web in virtual format. His speech was cut short about 15 minutes later when an assistant informed him that some bloke in one of the Scandinavian countries (I think it was Finland) had sent him a mail with a copy of the CD in mp3 format attached to it. How the mighty have fallen!

I have a soft synth package which I use from time to time in my projects which is a virtual version of a Prophet 52 synthesizer. There are 2 small holes drilled through the disc. I assume it's to prevent you copying it but I suppose just like the example above someone will find a way around it.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Make Money being a musician - by pennywill - 14-07-2010, 10:14

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Musician's Beware Jaynew85 0 1,573 18-09-2016, 20:05
Last Post: Jaynew85
  New app to make music videos Bjorn Roche 0 1,837 17-08-2015, 19:00
Last Post: Bjorn Roche

Forum Jump: