Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
John Coltrane
#11
I think my favorite sax player is Sonny Stitt, followed closely or tied with Dexter Gordon Smile. There's definitely far too many good saxophonists to mention. and I haven't heard of everybody you mentioned, but I'll be sure to check them out! I used to not really appreciate 'free jazz' at all... It sounded like a band of epileptic goats with alzheimer's decided to take up instruments. My ear is definitely more mature now, though- and the concept behind the improvised harmony blows my mind every time I think about it. Big Grin
Reply


Messages In This Thread
John Coltrane - by OKCATHY1 - 25-05-2011, 07:02
John Coltrane - by centermez - 06-12-2011, 18:30
John Coltrane - by SteveO - 07-12-2011, 01:49
John Coltrane - by centermez - 07-12-2011, 08:32
John Coltrane - by SteveO - 07-12-2011, 15:34
John Coltrane - by centermez - 07-12-2011, 15:39

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SINGLE: Elton John & Brandi Carlile - "never too late" CRAZY-HORSE 0 909 26-11-2024, 12:54
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: John Coltrane With Eric Dolphy - Evenings At The Village Gate Music Head 0 1,018 30-07-2023, 11:10
Last Post: Music Head
  John Coltrane interview — Japan 1965 JonWR77 0 627 17-01-2022, 19:16
Last Post: JonWR77
  NEW SINGLE: Kane Brown & John Legend - Last Time I Say Sorry Music Head 0 722 13-04-2020, 11:31
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Ozzy Osbourne ft Elton John "ordinary man" CRAZY-HORSE 0 768 11-01-2020, 07:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: John Legend - Happy Xmas (War Is Over) Music Head 1 1,159 02-01-2020, 01:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: John Mayer - I Guess I Just Feel Like Music Head 3 1,616 11-03-2019, 21:45
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
Heart John Teki - A DIFFERENT KETTLE OF FISH [PRE-SALE] Johnteki 0 1,075 30-06-2017, 16:30
Last Post: Johnteki
  John Mayer - The Search For Everything Music Head 0 1,083 28-04-2017, 13:27
Last Post: Music Head
  John Mayer - The Search For Everything: Wave One (ep) Music Head 0 1,143 01-02-2017, 12:59
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: