Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Week Twenty Five................Theives Like Us.................Again and Again
#4
I have enjoyed this album, but I am getting bored with it. The intros are really good, but most of the songs seem to go downhill from there. The first two tracks really blended together for me, and I could have done without the shyness chant. The album picks up for me at "Silence" and "Lover Lover". Both intros are very catchy and some cool aspects are brought into both songs. I really enjoyed the whistling in "Silence", and "Lover Lover" just continues to be a catchy song.

Again, "Love Saves" has a beautiful intro and progresses, giving off an ethereal vibe at the end. Very enjoyable, but a little repetitive. "The Walk" opens with a new intro that arouses my interest. This track is very different from the rest so far. I like the upbeat tempo, the cowbell, and how different this track is.

"So Clear" doesn't seem to fit with the whole album. Maybe I was sleeping through the first half, but did we add a new vocalist to this track? However, I may have judged this track to fast. It has a very interesting sound, but might be a little to long for my liking. However, I do enjoy how my emotions have changed. At the beginning of the track I didn't think I was still listening to Thieves Like Us; I am now convinced.

Last track is starting off strong. I love the intros to every song. If there is one thing that this album deserves praise for it is capturing my attention in the first ten seconds. Unfortunately the might lose it as the album goes on, but starting strong is a plus.

Overall, enjoyable album. I don't know that I would want to listen to it again, but it wasn't a terrible listening experience. I found "Again and Again" to be a little repetitive. The album is best in the middle with tracks like "Silence", "Lover Lover", and "The Walk".

I say 5.5-6.5 out of 10. Good listen, but won't be hard to delete from my library.


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Week Forty*************Elvis Costello***************National Ransom gryphon 4 3,417 10-01-2012, 00:21
Last Post: CherieLuamboYampanyaStar
  Week Forty Six............Waterfall Walls .............Swim The Mind. gryphon 8 6,297 09-01-2012, 22:20
Last Post: Jerome
  Deciphering The Beatles......Twenty................Free As A Bird gryphon 8 5,943 06-12-2011, 12:27
Last Post: denishverma
  Week Thirty Eight...............Mirror Image Land. 7 ..............Matt 22 gryphon 20 9,196 22-07-2011, 06:57
Last Post: Matt 22
  Week Forty Eight............Cake..............Showroom Of Compassion gryphon 7 5,297 01-05-2011, 21:35
Last Post: CMB1888
  Week Thirty Nine...............Huey Lewis and the News ..............Soulsville gryphon 4 2,954 15-03-2011, 07:06
Last Post: fresk
  Week Forty Seven............Crystal Bowersox...............Farmer's Daughter gryphon 8 5,908 24-02-2011, 03:35
Last Post: casey mahoney
  Week Fifty One............Yani..............Touch Of Truth gryphon 2 3,525 13-02-2011, 14:06
Last Post: Music Head
  Week Forty Nine..................Greg Allman........Low Country Blues gryphon 3 4,096 01-02-2011, 22:17
Last Post: Music Head
  Week Fifteen......Half Past Four............Rabbit In The Vestibule gryphon 15 6,906 23-12-2010, 12:33
Last Post: Smithd

Forum Jump: