Poll: What Is The Best Led Zeppelin Album?
This poll is closed.
Led Zeppelin
25.49%
13 25.49%
II
15.69%
8 15.69%
III
17.65%
9 17.65%
IV
19.61%
10 19.61%
Houses Of The Holy
15.69%
8 15.69%
Physical Graffiti
3.92%
2 3.92%
Presence
0%
0 0%
In Through The Out Door
0%
0 0%
Coda
1.96%
1 1.96%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Led Zeppelin Best Album Poll - 1 of 1
#20
I think I, II, and III are equally as great, classics if you will. But I think they actually perfected their sound on Houses Of The Holy. Sound quality/engineering/studio wise as well as their general song writing. IMO, Houses has the most flawless track listing of any album (in terms of flow and quality) and pretty much defined there next 3 albums. Physical Graffiti is a close second for me, and Presence is a pretty amazing album to (criminally looked over). IV is weird to me... Sometimes I love it, sometimes I think it's grossly over rated. I try and avoid it unless I'm really in the mood to listen to it.

Whoever wanted to know about their artwork, there's an interesting story behind IV. If I remember correctly, the label hated III, but it still sold quite well. They (the label) said fans just went out bought it because it had Led Zeppelin's name on it. Zeppelin disagreed to the point that they would only release IV with nothing on it except the track listing. Hence, the album NOT having the band name on it or an official title (I believe this album is technically cataloged as self titled though, not positive). But Zeppelin was obviously right.
"Music is amazing. There's some metaphysical comfort where it allows you to be isolated and alone while telling you that you are not alone... truly, the only cure for sadness is to share it with someone else. " © Wayne Coyne


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 5 7,487 14-11-2016, 11:34
Last Post: Jerome
  Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 8 9,445 29-07-2016, 15:38
Last Post: bob_32_116
  U2 Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 19 12,908 29-07-2016, 15:34
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Rush Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 21 18,658 29-07-2016, 15:23
Last Post: bob_32_116
  R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 22 17,522 29-06-2016, 05:39
Last Post: Ndowar75
  Black Sabbath Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 23 13,441 23-05-2016, 15:54
Last Post: Jerome
  AC/DC Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 21 15,568 22-05-2016, 22:03
Last Post: dennis1077
  Pink Floyd Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 50 24,982 20-05-2016, 04:52
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Metallica Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 43 22,797 20-05-2016, 00:00
Last Post: nefilim
  R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 12 8,087 19-05-2016, 23:59
Last Post: nefilim

Forum Jump: