20-09-2010, 10:56
from my library (vinyl)
![[Image: e69843dl30e.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre600/e698/e69843dl30e.jpg)
Strange, I thought I liked this more than I just did. What happened? This is what Weller broke up the Jam for? This is their sixth album. Still sold rather well in the U.K. hitting #2 with the hit It Didn't Matter at #3. The U.S. was not as generous where this album flattened out at #122. That single was the best thing on the album for me. The white soul/funk stuff just didn't work for Paul. I think there are too many styles being injected into the album overall. Their label (Polydor) would drop them after this album, and a look into what was submitted as the next one. They called it quits after that was released on a new label.
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Heavens Above
Best Track - It Didn't Matter
I remember all the early days
Trying to think of the right things to say
I didn't want you to think i was like the rest
Who think they own you just because you've laid with them
It didn't matter - really didn't matter
It didn't matter now we are together
There are crystal hearts just waiting to be smashed
And out to break them are the ones who never last
To soon today and gone tomorrow
And taking with them just another little piece of you
There are those who think its smart
Thinking that they've stole your love and broke your heart
Too much too soon and gone tomorrow
Well my love doesn't need to lend or steal or borrow
1) It Didn't Matter - ** - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POP7dzxamVo
2) Right To Go - *
3) Heavens Above - * - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHgh9QiiSvc
4) Fairy Tales - * - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4hyqyDkIC0
5) Angel - * - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6hNalNe_H8
6) Walking The Night - ** - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFj69STx-hQ
7) Waiting - * - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YsklP-Ah4o
8) The Cost Of Loving - ** - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbc12T6mWPU
9) A Womans Song - * - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYBexj2fZ3A
3's - 0
2's - 3
1's - 6
Rating - 1.3
![[Image: e69843dl30e.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre600/e698/e69843dl30e.jpg)
Strange, I thought I liked this more than I just did. What happened? This is what Weller broke up the Jam for? This is their sixth album. Still sold rather well in the U.K. hitting #2 with the hit It Didn't Matter at #3. The U.S. was not as generous where this album flattened out at #122. That single was the best thing on the album for me. The white soul/funk stuff just didn't work for Paul. I think there are too many styles being injected into the album overall. Their label (Polydor) would drop them after this album, and a look into what was submitted as the next one. They called it quits after that was released on a new label.
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Heavens Above
Best Track - It Didn't Matter
I remember all the early days
Trying to think of the right things to say
I didn't want you to think i was like the rest
Who think they own you just because you've laid with them
It didn't matter - really didn't matter
It didn't matter now we are together
There are crystal hearts just waiting to be smashed
And out to break them are the ones who never last
To soon today and gone tomorrow
And taking with them just another little piece of you
There are those who think its smart
Thinking that they've stole your love and broke your heart
Too much too soon and gone tomorrow
Well my love doesn't need to lend or steal or borrow
1) It Didn't Matter - ** - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POP7dzxamVo
2) Right To Go - *
3) Heavens Above - * - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHgh9QiiSvc
4) Fairy Tales - * - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4hyqyDkIC0
5) Angel - * - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6hNalNe_H8
6) Walking The Night - ** - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFj69STx-hQ
7) Waiting - * - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YsklP-Ah4o
8) The Cost Of Loving - ** - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbc12T6mWPU
9) A Womans Song - * - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYBexj2fZ3A
3's - 0
2's - 3
1's - 6
Rating - 1.3

