13-10-2010, 10:47
from my library (vinyl)
![[Image: Coral_Taste_of_Honey_Front.jpg]](http://bp1.blogger.com/_A1WWR29D0sU/RmYw4YRcS_I/AAAAAAAAAS8/7NYBiVO27yM/s320/Coral_Taste_of_Honey_Front.jpg)
Not a big fan of elevator music, which is what this is. Not sure where I picked it up. Yard sale probably, although it is in mint condition, which is unusual for yard sale material. Mr. Fountains instrument was the carinet which is one of my least favorite wind instruments, slightly above the kazoo and the comb. I will grant an exception for Benny Goodman. Pete was a regular on Lawrence Welks show for years and is well known for promoting that Dixieland sound, being a New Orleans native. Over 100 lp's to his credit, so he must have done something right. The guy is still kickin' at age 80. The covers here are of mostly pop standards of the day. Title track belongs to Herb Alpert only thank you. A few get a passing grade but mostly a downer for me. Henry VIII is terrible and it still might be better than Hermans. As with his the second verse is same as the first.
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - I'm Henry The VIII, I Am
Best Track - Fountain In The Rain
1) A Taste Of Honey - * - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNt0ldIglmM
2) The Shadow Of Your Smile - **
3) The In Crowd - *
4) Theme From The Yearling - **
5) I Know A Place - *
6) It's Been A Long Long Time - ** - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ai9vP7KXA
7) Cast Your Fate To The Wind - * - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYIyDwGt_Ts
8) Lucky Pierre - * - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXvnNfmPrGQ
9) I'm Henry The VIII, I Am - *
10) Fountain In The Rain - **
11) Stand By Me - *
12) King Of The Road - *
3's - 0
2's - 4
1's - 8
Rating - 1.3
![[Image: Coral_Taste_of_Honey_Front.jpg]](http://bp1.blogger.com/_A1WWR29D0sU/RmYw4YRcS_I/AAAAAAAAAS8/7NYBiVO27yM/s320/Coral_Taste_of_Honey_Front.jpg)
Not a big fan of elevator music, which is what this is. Not sure where I picked it up. Yard sale probably, although it is in mint condition, which is unusual for yard sale material. Mr. Fountains instrument was the carinet which is one of my least favorite wind instruments, slightly above the kazoo and the comb. I will grant an exception for Benny Goodman. Pete was a regular on Lawrence Welks show for years and is well known for promoting that Dixieland sound, being a New Orleans native. Over 100 lp's to his credit, so he must have done something right. The guy is still kickin' at age 80. The covers here are of mostly pop standards of the day. Title track belongs to Herb Alpert only thank you. A few get a passing grade but mostly a downer for me. Henry VIII is terrible and it still might be better than Hermans. As with his the second verse is same as the first.
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - I'm Henry The VIII, I Am
Best Track - Fountain In The Rain
1) A Taste Of Honey - * - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNt0ldIglmM
2) The Shadow Of Your Smile - **
3) The In Crowd - *
4) Theme From The Yearling - **
5) I Know A Place - *
6) It's Been A Long Long Time - ** - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ai9vP7KXA
7) Cast Your Fate To The Wind - * - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYIyDwGt_Ts
8) Lucky Pierre - * - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXvnNfmPrGQ
9) I'm Henry The VIII, I Am - *
10) Fountain In The Rain - **
11) Stand By Me - *
12) King Of The Road - *
3's - 0
2's - 4
1's - 8
Rating - 1.3

