25-11-2010, 09:58
In UK English ..............There is a phrase................."To be beaten Black and Blue".....IT means to be pretty badly beaten up or to be badly injured by something..................Often it is used as an expression of this type of extreme situation
eg I 've been beaten Black and Blue
or the injuries from a car accident left me black and blue.
Therefor I feel that this lyric is saying that they would endure pretty extreme physical punishment for them.
eg I 've been beaten Black and Blue
or the injuries from a car accident left me black and blue.
Therefor I feel that this lyric is saying that they would endure pretty extreme physical punishment for them.
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

