Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sorry but I have to respond to this
#6
gryphon Wrote:Can I just say Jerome that I did not freeze the thread to freeze you or any comments you might make on it .................I froze it so that we did not give anyone else the chance to feel that MD was a place other than for Music Discussion..................I have left the member who started to express his views, on matters other than music, on MD because I realise that they might be in differing circumstances to ours in the places where we are in the world.

No sweat Gryphon, I don't mind if you delete my thread (or anyone else's for that matter), I just wanted to set the record straight. I have seen many of these places first hand and I know that a blanket statement that Africa is the home of the 'free' is a complete lie. I do however agree that we should not use this forum to express political or religious views. That is not it's function but I felt I had to say something about that post. Probably should have just shut up. As a final note on the subject if Zimbabwe has this so-called freedom of speech why did Mugabe have the printing presses demolished?

And I apologize to all MD members if you feel I am out of line but this nonsense has been going on for years without any indication that it is going to improve. Many poeple suffer on a daily basis because of self-serving dictators all over the world not just Africa, but let's be under no illusions here. Africa has the lion's share of them. Enough said. Time out.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Sorry but I have to respond to this - by Jerome - 05-12-2011, 13:21

Forum Jump: