The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error




Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New to Jazz
#1
For the past two years or so I've gradually warmed up to jazz. So far I've sampled people along the lines of Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Alice Coltrane, Herbie Hancock and Charles Mingus. Who and what are some other key artists/albums from that time (50s-70s) that I should check out? Or do I need to go back further to hear their influences? What about artists today that build on those legends' sound?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New to Jazz - by JonG - 01-09-2008, 21:24

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Jazz Pianists and Drummers? Nick Dilley 19 7,904 09-07-2021, 09:10
Last Post: JeromeD
Video Jazz/Rock Fusion? Dissily Mordentroge 0 850 16-10-2019, 10:39
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  unusual instruments in jazz jazzboCR 29 15,552 05-05-2017, 10:26
Last Post: Jerome
  I want to add new gems to my Soul & Jazz playlist (Spotify). Got any recommendations? Vaporsoul_feelings 1 1,367 15-01-2017, 01:25
Last Post: MFS
  The Smooth Jazz Chillout 7 - City Jazz daytime 0 1,472 19-06-2016, 01:53
Last Post: daytime
  Juxtaposition of Latin Jazz with Afro Soul- Samba Makossa single by Bachot Muna sylvestermusic 0 1,365 16-06-2016, 12:23
Last Post: sylvestermusic
  woman famous saxophone jazz thaonakun 0 1,577 19-04-2016, 03:21
Last Post: thaonakun
  Chantal Chamberland - Autobiography (Boozy Jazz) bebewewe 3 3,404 03-02-2016, 11:34
Last Post: bebewewe
  Jazz with piano focus Freakin 4 3,531 17-07-2015, 04:09
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Lady GaGa is a jazz singer jazzboCR 8 5,584 12-07-2015, 15:08
Last Post: Jane42

Forum Jump: