Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
10 greatest jazz albums of all time
#2
NO :attention:, I dare you :attention::attention::Wink:.

Since you ask, my 10 faves would be (You can tell I mostly follow recommendations of fairly well known stuff):

In no particular order

- John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (Don't find this easy going, but I like a challenge)
- Miles Davis - Birth of The Cool
- Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
- Arne Domnerus Group - Jazz at The Pawnshop ( This is a famous, live hi-fi demonstration album, it sounds gorgeous, & I love it !!)
- Coleman Hawkins - The High & Mighty Hawk
- Billie Holiday - The Lady in Autumn
- Jacques Loussier - Play Bach 2000
- Oscar Peterson - Night Train
- Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
- Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours

Since I'm no expert, I'm hardly qualified to declare these the greatest of all times.

Shoot me down, people !!
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Laufey - "a matter of time" CRAZY-HORSE 1 3,511 05-09-2025, 11:45
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Robert Forster - "all of the time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,400 24-05-2025, 02:43
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Simply Red - "time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 860 03-06-2023, 08:10
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Angel Olsen - Big Time Music Head 0 1,013 17-06-2022, 12:21
Last Post: Music Head
  Favorite Jazz Pianists and Drummers? Nick Dilley 19 7,904 09-07-2021, 09:10
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW SONG: Niko Moon - Good Time Music Head 0 720 12-10-2020, 12:00
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Jimmy Barnes ft: Australian Chamber Orchestra "killing time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 718 08-10-2020, 21:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Kane Brown & John Legend - Last Time I Say Sorry Music Head 0 719 13-04-2020, 11:31
Last Post: Music Head
Video Jazz/Rock Fusion? Dissily Mordentroge 0 850 16-10-2019, 10:39
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  unusual instruments in jazz jazzboCR 29 15,551 05-05-2017, 10:26
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: