Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
10 greatest jazz albums of all time
#4
Tiggi Wrote:- John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (Don't find this easy going, but I like a challenge)

I'd prefer Stellar Regions by Coltrane.

Tiggi Wrote:- Miles Davis - Birth of The Cool
- Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Seconded, but I'd add Ascenseur Pour L'Échafaud and Sketches of Spain as well.

The rest:

Keith Jarrett - The Köln Concert (I've got the Vinyl. It's a shitload more awesome than any download can be)
Keith Jarrett - Nude Ants
Anthony Braxton - Eight (+3) Tristano Compositions
Kenny Wheeler - Windmill Tilter

and, to add something more recent:

The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble

I'm no Jazz connoisseur per se and I might have to check out more of some artists (e.g. Miles or Coltrane) to maybe make a better statement. I might come back to this list some other time and correct this if need be.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Laufey - "a matter of time" CRAZY-HORSE 1 3,511 05-09-2025, 11:45
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Robert Forster - "all of the time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,400 24-05-2025, 02:43
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Simply Red - "time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 860 03-06-2023, 08:10
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Angel Olsen - Big Time Music Head 0 1,013 17-06-2022, 12:21
Last Post: Music Head
  Favorite Jazz Pianists and Drummers? Nick Dilley 19 7,904 09-07-2021, 09:10
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW SONG: Niko Moon - Good Time Music Head 0 720 12-10-2020, 12:00
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Jimmy Barnes ft: Australian Chamber Orchestra "killing time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 718 08-10-2020, 21:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Kane Brown & John Legend - Last Time I Say Sorry Music Head 0 719 13-04-2020, 11:31
Last Post: Music Head
Video Jazz/Rock Fusion? Dissily Mordentroge 0 850 16-10-2019, 10:39
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  unusual instruments in jazz jazzboCR 29 15,551 05-05-2017, 10:26
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: