06-09-2008, 02:03
CMB1888 Wrote:Also I'm interested if the idea of concept albums outside the classic rock genre.
Some albums I could think of off the top of my head:
Jazz
Kenny Wheeler - Windmill Tilter
Metal
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Fear Factory - Obsolete
Opeth - Still Life
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
Sepultura - Dante XXI (unfortunately without Max Cavalera)
Mastodon - Leviathan
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Post Rock
Red Sparowes - At The Soundless Dawn
Red Sparowes - Every Red Heart Shines Toward The Red Sun
Red Sparowes' albums haven't any lyrics so the story is told via the song titles (e.g.: "Finally, as That Blazing Sun Shone Down Upon Us, Did We Know That True Enemy Was the Voice of Blind Idolatry; and Only Then Did We Begin to Think for Ourselves." - yes, that's actually one song title)
btw: do you consider Pink Floyd to be classic rock?
Edit: after reading the wikipedia defenition of a concept album, I think I'd add the Book of Angels dekalogy.
