Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New to Jazz
#4
I've mostly heard various clips of his over the youtube, as it's hard for me to get ahold of his music. I do have The Heliocentric Worlds of Sun Ra. Once I give it a more thorough listen, I'll offer my input. I will say as a rule, I tend to forbid myself from starting with greatest hits compilations, only because label pressure can cause such songs to vary from the artist's sincere vision. Then again, the thought of Sun Ra having any hits seems parodoxical. Either way, I'm sure none of his albums (even the greatest hits) would disappoint.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New to Jazz - by JonG - 01-09-2008, 21:24

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Jazz Pianists and Drummers? Nick Dilley 19 7,905 09-07-2021, 09:10
Last Post: JeromeD
Video Jazz/Rock Fusion? Dissily Mordentroge 0 851 16-10-2019, 10:39
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  unusual instruments in jazz jazzboCR 29 15,554 05-05-2017, 10:26
Last Post: Jerome
  I want to add new gems to my Soul & Jazz playlist (Spotify). Got any recommendations? Vaporsoul_feelings 1 1,368 15-01-2017, 01:25
Last Post: MFS
  The Smooth Jazz Chillout 7 - City Jazz daytime 0 1,472 19-06-2016, 01:53
Last Post: daytime
  Juxtaposition of Latin Jazz with Afro Soul- Samba Makossa single by Bachot Muna sylvestermusic 0 1,365 16-06-2016, 12:23
Last Post: sylvestermusic
  woman famous saxophone jazz thaonakun 0 1,577 19-04-2016, 03:21
Last Post: thaonakun
  Chantal Chamberland - Autobiography (Boozy Jazz) bebewewe 3 3,405 03-02-2016, 11:34
Last Post: bebewewe
  Jazz with piano focus Freakin 4 3,532 17-07-2015, 04:09
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Lady GaGa is a jazz singer jazzboCR 8 5,589 12-07-2015, 15:08
Last Post: Jane42

Forum Jump: