25-02-2011, 16:08
I know someone in Seattle who says it's a great place for bands. Orlando, Florida is a good place to start a band too. Many famous bands have actually started there, although I can't think of any at the moment. Baltimore has some pretty great places too, but probably not more for your style of music. In Baltimore, you have Ramshead, the otto bar, Side bar, the quarter, The Black Hole, and I can't think of anymore at the moment. The side bar and black hole though are more for Metal bands. The Otto Bar plays almost every kind of music though and big bands have played there. Other than these places, I'm not really sure. They're not totally major venues, but they would probably get your name out there a bit. I would also suggest that if and/or when you create your band, make friends with other local bands wherever you are because it will definitely help you out.

