Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do you start off a song?
#17
This varies from time to time.

Sometimes I'll start out with a melody or beat in my head and sometimes the lyrics will come to me first. Sometimes I'll hear them semi-simultaneously (I hear the pattern but not the exact words or vice versa). Much inspiration for me comes from other music and sometimes it just comes from a thought, experience or idea. I think Bruce Lee said it best when he said to be like water, without form.

I don't have a set structure it just depends on how the music comes to me.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soul (song) sing-a-long 0 1,635 09-04-2023, 18:39
Last Post: sing-a-long
  How do you write songs? How do you start and don't give up too soon? Natalia Sanderson 6 5,907 05-04-2021, 20:48
Last Post: vincent
  Which song lyrics do you like the best? Ledzepp 35 29,159 27-09-2016, 19:51
Last Post: oldies65
  Khaled Ajashi new own Song! LittleDun 0 2,793 25-09-2016, 02:32
Last Post: LittleDun
  Instrumental. New Song. Curious 0 2,347 21-03-2016, 09:58
Last Post: Curious
  New song we finished a couple weeks ago... Thoughts? good or bad. aurora4dth 3 3,830 27-02-2016, 10:51
Last Post: Jerome
  2016 French song Ozamindia 0 1,790 14-01-2016, 12:46
Last Post: Ozamindia
  Please check out this video of a new song that i wrote newriot 1 2,804 14-01-2016, 12:44
Last Post: Ozamindia
  Original song :))) MAYAN 1 2,342 14-01-2016, 12:43
Last Post: Ozamindia
  Original song! KahanoBeats_Bros - Stormy Night KahanoBeats_Bros 0 2,001 27-08-2015, 18:39
Last Post: KahanoBeats_Bros

Forum Jump: