20-05-2011, 13:28
For the time in the summer of 1967 believe me people Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was it !!!!! It was the first time in radio history that an album got such tremendous airplay. Remember there wasn't a bonified so called 45s single from that album and the radio stations were playing every track that summer. The rock world had never experienced an album like this.
It was the first orchestral accompanied rock album and it remains the Beatles' Masterpiece even today. It still tops the best album charts that I have seen. A Day in a Life is my favorite Beatles' song even today some 44 years later. I still get chills when I hear it.
Bottom line - you had to be there !
SteveO
It was the first orchestral accompanied rock album and it remains the Beatles' Masterpiece even today. It still tops the best album charts that I have seen. A Day in a Life is my favorite Beatles' song even today some 44 years later. I still get chills when I hear it.
Bottom line - you had to be there !
SteveO
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

