25-09-2008, 16:22
Bowie's released a couple of concept albums in his career. Of course, that probably classifies as classic rock and that's not really what you're looking for anyway.
Tori Amos released Scarlet's Walk back in 2002. It was a concept album based upon the main character, Scarlet, and her travels through America after the events of 9/11. Decent album too.
Nine Inch Nails' Year Zero was centered around the impact of our government's policies in the future or something like that. I don't know. I didn't care for the album and never gave it much attention.
The Hold Steady's Boys and Girls in America was at least a loose concept album.
Other than that, I'm drawing a blank and am really only thinking about examples from classic rock.
Tori Amos released Scarlet's Walk back in 2002. It was a concept album based upon the main character, Scarlet, and her travels through America after the events of 9/11. Decent album too.
Nine Inch Nails' Year Zero was centered around the impact of our government's policies in the future or something like that. I don't know. I didn't care for the album and never gave it much attention.
The Hold Steady's Boys and Girls in America was at least a loose concept album.
Other than that, I'm drawing a blank and am really only thinking about examples from classic rock.

