Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Neil Young 1989-1999
#9
Mr.Soul Wrote:Lloyd, I like your reviews and respect the amount of time you took out to do this but I've never been a fan of your 'ratings'. I just don't get them or the point in them even being there! Plus 'Ragged Glory' is a freaking great album and 'Arc' was not a waste of time, just misunderstood by you lol

Sorry I ain't been around to help with this but I tend to spend a lot of time on the xbox these days for some reason....Smile Still nice work mate!


P.S. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the 'Broken Arrow' album of 1996 which was basically a jam record in the vein of Ragged Glory but a lot lighter in style.


thanks for the comments Lewis, i understand where youre coming from...and i know we disagree over NY albums LOL and thats the beauty of music in general.
"ragged Glory" did only miss out on a "love" rating by 0.1pt..and we'll have to agree to disagree on "arc" im afraid??!...aftrall this is only a general guide to the albums of Neil Young and my point of view is not the "be all and end all" of Neil Young.

i'd have more respect for "arc" if it was a proper recording rather than a remix album.

ps. last time i listened to "broken arrow" i didnt like it, but i base my reviews on two things:
1)accessability to NY from a newcomers perspective and...
2) my own opinion of the album
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Messages In This Thread
Neil Young 1989-1999 - by CRAZY-HORSE - 01-06-2011, 09:13
Neil Young 1989-1999 - by CRAZY-HORSE - 09-06-2011, 09:09

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil Young 2000 onwards CRAZY-HORSE 30 29,607 27-11-2020, 03:49
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Neil & Tim Finn CRAZY-HORSE 23 23,909 23-11-2020, 08:15
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Neil Young 1976-1988 CRAZY-HORSE 28 22,057 05-07-2011, 11:18
Last Post: Music Head
  Neil Young"the overview" CRAZY-HORSE 13 11,766 25-06-2011, 14:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Neil Young 1966-1975 CRAZY-HORSE 22 13,285 27-05-2011, 23:30
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: