26-01-2008, 12:16
The Great Escape, 633 Squadron, Where Eagles Dare....three corkers.
To that list, I'd add Roy Budd's score for The Wild Geese. It's not a war film, per se, but it's about hired mercenaries and - according to reveiws I've read - has some realistic training scenes.
Budd shot to fame doing the music for Michael Caine's Get Carter, but he lots of other good stuff - much of it jazz-based - before he passed away.
I would imagine that some genres of film may lend themselves more easily to writing music and war films is probably one.
To that list, I'd add Roy Budd's score for The Wild Geese. It's not a war film, per se, but it's about hired mercenaries and - according to reveiws I've read - has some realistic training scenes.
Budd shot to fame doing the music for Michael Caine's Get Carter, but he lots of other good stuff - much of it jazz-based - before he passed away.
I would imagine that some genres of film may lend themselves more easily to writing music and war films is probably one.

