Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best professional guitarists
#27
Mark, point taken. I did not mean that I am literally a hippie, but that I grew up when this was the done thing. I was trying to inject some humour into the thread but that obviously did not work, OK - so I'm dumb. So be it. One thing I do notice however is that you keep on talking about scales (and yes I do know about them), but my point is simply this - playing obscure or even common scales incredibly fast does not automatically translate to a good 'vibe' or an emotive performance. Ry Cooder is a good example. I would rather listen to Mr Giimour playing a few scraggly notes than Mr Malmsteen trying to set fire to the amplifier. It means more to me. A less is more kind of thing. The most evocative type of music is Far Eastern (and the oldest too) - it uses the least amount of notes and has the maximum impact.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Best professional guitarists - by ambernector - 25-11-2009, 19:48

Forum Jump: