The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error




Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cover Versions
#1
I have just been listening to Coil's cover version of 'Tainted Love'. I knew the Soft Cell and Marilyn Manson versions and wondered what other artists covered it - after checking on wiki, it looks like it has been covered 39 times!

So this started me thinking about cover versions - does anyone know any particularly good or bad ones? I think that it's rare that a cover sounds more inspired than the original but it's always interesting to listen to.

(shamefully I know the Christmas season starts for me when I start to play Mariah Carey's and then MCR's versions of 'All I want for Christmas is you')
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Cover Versions - by CMB1888 - 15-10-2008, 07:30

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think of my titanic piano cover Matthew Hughes 0 995 02-07-2015, 23:15
Last Post: Matthew Hughes
  Uptown Funk drum cover/drum remix jamesswansondrums 3 2,108 20-02-2015, 06:41
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Krokus cover from Kiev Ukraine gaustu 1 1,241 07-02-2015, 04:08
Last Post: SteveO
  an interesting cover jazzboCR 3 1,686 16-04-2014, 16:23
Last Post: SteveO
  a cover album jazzboCR 12 4,234 11-03-2014, 16:24
Last Post: SteveO
  Album Cover Art sahrs 5 3,095 26-02-2014, 08:57
Last Post: SteveO

Forum Jump: