02-09-2011, 17:44
TraceNspace Wrote:I have a confession to make. I've never really 'gotten' the Beatles. You all make me want to start from the beginning and give it a try. I'm young for the Beatles and my parents weren't Beatles fans so they've never really had the chance to sink in with me. What to do, what to do...... I have one Beatles greatest hits album. Oh the shame! So where do I begin? Who wants to tell me what to listen to first?Makes two of us. Was never interested enough in their music to buy an album. Pleasant enough to listen to but nothing really unique for me in their catalogue. Sing along stuff for sure but something was always missing. Think George was the one to listen to as far as the solo albums are concerned. 'All Things Must Pass' was an original. And his 'Concert For Bangladesh' showed he had some big ideas long before the Bono Brigade stole the limelight.

