Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Deciphering The Beatles ........Fifteen...........Old Brown Shoe
#12
I have complete admiration and interest in the deciphers of the Beatles' songs presented by Gryphon ! I think George was unfortunately over shadowed by the Lennon/McCartney songwriting machine and I've always loved " Old Brown Shoe "! So nice to have a dissection of the song ! Thanks, Gryph ! More to follow I hope !

And now Ladies and Gentleman from Liverpool , England.... THE BEATLES !!!!!!!....thunderous screeching teenaged girls erupt !!!!

I regret that the Fab Four never had a chance to do more live concerts past 1966 ! Such charisma ... such electricity...such playful and happy stage antics......goose bumps up the spine !!!!!

I was there folks, a little snotty nosed 12 year old scrambling in front of the TV to catch the first appearance of The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show on February 9th, 1964 !!!! What an exciting time for teenagers all over the world ! A new excitement was ignited by the Mop Tops ! The British Invasion had begun !

I wanted to get a guitar and join a band and grow my hair longer ! My buddies called and wanted to do the same ....and also the main thing was it attracted Girls, Girls , Girls !!!! Well the guitar part became true although I only learned a few chords and blew the cheap amp I had to the delight of my parents ! And I only attracted one girl and never girls !...lol.

But man o man what a group ! Even today I can't get enough of them ! You see I was only 14 when Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was released on June 1st, 1967. That's all we heard on AM radio that summer !!!! It was fantastic....the songs, the originality, the sound. the music. the singing. the lyrics.....!!!!!...and when they released Hey Jude in the summer of '68 I know exactly where I was and what I was doing when I first heard it because I stopped doing what I was doing and listened and remarked .... They've done it again !!!!
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/50/Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band.jpg/220px-Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band.jpg[/IMG]

For those yungins' who don't own a Beatle album, who really never listened to them much, or who don't know what the big deal was....I totally and completely understand ! Look at it this way... let's just say, for example, I was there when the first car was rolled off the assembly line ! How do I expect someone thirty years later to appreciate the sheer delight and satisfaction that I experienced when the first car was made !!!! Automobiles are common place now and not much thought are given to them as they have become a necessity for the most part ! Before the Beatles came on the scene, I didn't listen to or have a clue about their music favorites like Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins, Elvis Presley , Gene Vincent or Buddy Holly,,, I was too young when the early rockers started !!! It's all subjective my friends !!!!

Think of The Beatles as the first car off the assembly line and think of your great and exciting music today as modern fast economical cars that have evolved over 50 years or so !....or something like that...you get the drift !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SILVER AWARD..........The Beatles..............Abbey Road .....1969 gryphon 4 5,074 12-05-2013, 22:21
Last Post: Mrrusty1
  Beatles Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 37 17,467 07-01-2013, 12:58
Last Post: FrankieLee
  BRONZE AWARD..........Revolver.........The Beatles........1966 gryphon 5 5,328 26-01-2012, 02:54
Last Post: SteveO
  Beatles Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 29 13,195 04-01-2012, 01:04
Last Post: CherieLuamboYampanyaStar
  Deciphering The Beatles......Twenty................Free As A Bird gryphon 8 5,945 06-12-2011, 12:27
Last Post: denishverma
  Deciphering THe Beatles............Nineteen...............Ticket To Ride gryphon 2 3,098 19-10-2011, 06:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Deciphering The Beatles..................Eighteen......You’ve Got To Hide Your Love A gryphon 1 4,267 20-09-2011, 16:31
Last Post: SteveO
  Deciphering The Beatles.........Seventeen..............Nowhere Man gryphon 2 3,036 11-09-2011, 20:17
Last Post: SteveO
  Deciphering The Beatles .......Sixteen............Good Morning Good Morning gryphon 2 3,280 05-09-2011, 08:38
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Deciphering The Beatles ........Fourteen...........Getting Better gryphon 1 2,106 16-08-2011, 14:48
Last Post: SteveO

Forum Jump: