Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it
#3
This always leaves me in two minds..................When I look at the time and effort put into a recording and getting it to "sound right" ...........I want to reproduce all that is on the recording .................This is the Hi Fi person................and I spend a lot of effort here!

On the other hand I have to realise that we live in a real world and that I will only get my music on a medium ( unless I can get it live !!!)

Now the medium will have an effect ! The closest I have come to the "Best sound " is a direct cut vinyl album played live into the mixing desk and cut live as the music is being made. Costs lots , it is limited and when they are sold out they are sold out................Hey I have some great vinyl pressings that come close and so you can get a good result here.

CD/SACD are both compromises to some extend because I will not get the analogue complete sound I'll get a sampled sound. However, there oes come a point where it is hard to tell what is missing.

MP3 etc is lower level than this and there is more compromise going on down the byte rate.

BUT when we had 78, 45, 33...............tape etc I still accepted the medium , it was the music that counts and what the music makes me feel..................

So I guess that I am still no nearer and answer........it's just that I an tell the difference ....................................

The last point..................They do have to pay for he right to use the material but as to how they obtain it depends...............mostly the reputable use he best source they can but it not always the best that can be obtained...............IN theory you should not tamper with it as it is not fair but what is tampering?????????????
Usually the artits if they can will help but they don't always get to know ! Reference The Beatles Rock and roll music albums UK vs US ones !
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,659 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,399 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,957 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,814 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,794 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,412 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,667 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,206 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Is copying music illegal??????????????? sona sharma 5 3,200 24-09-2020, 17:38
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: