Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it
#9
Your answers are very interesting.

I'm not the most purist, by the way. I don't even have a proper sounding system to 100% enjoy the full quality of my CDs (the reason is that I don't have a lot of money, I still dream of my future great sounding system that I will buy someday...). I even ripped my entire CD collection into MP3 (I made them 224, it was the best compromise for space and I don't really hear a difference from my portable cd player) for the convenience of my mp3 player. Half my listening time is made through my MP3 player with Sony 15$ earphones. And that's ok for me, I can't really complain about the sound.

I am mostly concerned about the principle of quality. It's just that it's unacceptable for companies to sell compressed music. As someone said here, so much attention is made in the recording studio to make a great sound, only to end up being sold as a compressed form. That's lacking respect to the artists involved. I don't care if CD become obsolete, as long as the next form is full quality. We are evolving, aren't we? Doesn't that mean going toward better in everything?
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,669 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,457 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,967 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,817 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,799 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,417 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,684 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,222 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Is copying music illegal??????????????? sona sharma 5 3,214 24-09-2020, 17:38
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: