16-11-2011, 09:03
For me the withdrawal years were the early 80's, but not because of the music.
More to do with location.
Of course there was no internet, which would have solved the then existing problem.
Had just moved to central Florida. There was no music scene.
Only radio was pop. Only music store was the same. Just lost interest.
Move to Massachusetts (near Boston) cured all of that.
Thriving music scene, numerous alt radio stations.
Found Pixies, Sonic Youth. I was cured.
Has never been a time when I thought the music was dead.
Always had more to do with surroundings or self inflicted mental state.
More to do with location.
Of course there was no internet, which would have solved the then existing problem.
Had just moved to central Florida. There was no music scene.
Only radio was pop. Only music store was the same. Just lost interest.
Move to Massachusetts (near Boston) cured all of that.
Thriving music scene, numerous alt radio stations.
Found Pixies, Sonic Youth. I was cured.
Has never been a time when I thought the music was dead.
Always had more to do with surroundings or self inflicted mental state.

