Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Need to consult with an audio engineer.
#18
the nice dude Wrote:That's why I suggested getting the LAME encoder. VBR has a much better quality to space ratio than CBR. 320 CBR encodings might be good for archiving purposes but aren't really worth that much disc space since the difference in quality compared to VBR encodings is often pretty much nonexistent.
I rarely hit the 10mb mark with V 0 encoded MP3s although I do have to admit that this happens once in a while. You could just as well use V 1 oder V 2 and get a good enough quality at a reasonable size.
Why exactly is 10mb the maximum for you?

I already have LAME encoder on my computer. I tried to convert it as VBR, CBR, it gave me again 14 mb file. I've got some music on my computer I downloaded few years back, some of them have 320kbit with 48.000 sample rate (which I think makes it perfect quality), only 7,8mb's. And Usher's "Yeah" is only 2,8mb's and has a perfect quality. People using some kind of magic there and I wanna know what that is.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recorded audio and degraded quality Dissily Mordentroge 12 6,464 18-10-2019, 23:38
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  3D Audio Songs (Use a Headphone) Thushan 0 1,306 01-06-2015, 08:29
Last Post: Thushan
  What Is Your Favourite Audio Codec? at first light 2 1,577 16-10-2014, 22:32
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  My Mix Engineer Jerome 2 1,699 23-04-2012, 22:20
Last Post: SteveO
  Lessloss audio centermez 18 7,087 18-12-2011, 14:04
Last Post: SteveO

Forum Jump: