Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Year's Eve
#8
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:personally i dont give a crap about New Years Eve or whatever....because what changes at the stroke of midnight anyway?

does all the fighting and heartache end in the world?
does wolrd hungre and disease suddenly get irradicated?
did all the tinpot dictators suddenly come to their senses and call it quits?
did all the troops in the middle east suddenly come home?

guess the answer is "no" so nothing has changed....still going to turn on the news channel soon and going to hear how more famillies lost loved ones who were killed on the roads over night, another housefire that claimed lives and probably another story of a young child who drowned in a pool somewhere!...then theres the famillies who had to bury reletives who died around Christmas day....it just goes on and on,never ending!

sorry for the negativity,but at the end of the day it is just another day.

that said, Dani and I just sat outside,me at the table and chairs,She, in her hammock...just listening to random selections on my ipod and chit-chatting...

BTW Tracy, in your summer we, in Perth are 12hrs ahead of you time wise, guess if you guys change your clocks foreward or back in the cooler months, then that will either be slightly more or less??
It is just another day but it's also a time when people reflect on what has happened over the past year and what they'd like to happen in the new year. I'm still trying to think of what goals I have for myself in this coming year but I'll come up with some.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New Year's Eve - by TraceNspace - 31-12-2011, 15:39

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy New Year CRAZY-HORSE 4 1,351 01-01-2026, 12:24
Last Post: Ruby
  Happy New Year! Ruby 1 956 31-12-2021, 20:42
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year... CRAZY-HORSE 7 2,431 25-12-2021, 10:34
Last Post: Ruby
  Happy New Year to all... CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,366 31-12-2020, 20:33
Last Post: Ruby
  Happy New Year MDers ! SteveO 2 2,122 02-01-2019, 15:48
Last Post: Ruby
  Happy New Year Everyone!! Ruby 6 3,699 31-12-2017, 19:19
Last Post: Jerome
  Happy New Year Ruby 7 3,740 25-12-2017, 16:41
Last Post: SteveO
  new year resolutions anyone? CRAZY-HORSE 20 8,589 05-01-2016, 01:18
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  Hapoy New Year CRAZY-HORSE 7 3,673 02-01-2016, 14:49
Last Post: siveron
  was Santa good to you this year???? CRAZY-HORSE 10 4,995 27-12-2015, 09:19
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: