Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recording equipment
#4
Thanks for the reply Jerome..I would probably be recording two guitar tracks a vocals track a drum track and a bass track.I have no experience with dev's or with much of anything in the music business.I have heard good things about the computer based recording software and every member of the band owns a pc which would probably be able to run the software and they do appear cheaper than the boss 8 tracks but I suppose my love for the old school makes me lean toward owning an 8 track...The band could probably get more than 300-400,it would just take a little extra time as we busk and gig for our money..I'll look into buying a book like the one you mentioned...I forgot to ask you last time...Do you have any preferences when it comes to vocal microphones for recording??
Thanks for the helpfull advice
luke

P.s oh yeah ,as you were saying you don't need big fancie gear to record excellant songs...Keith richards recorded his guitar part (one of my favourite rhythm guitar parts of all time) on a 4 track recorder in a hotel room using an acoustic guitar being over driven..
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Recording equipment - by Luke Sharkey - 23-01-2012, 00:50
Recording equipment - by CRAZY-HORSE - 23-01-2012, 02:27

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need to know the name of a piece of equipment. Jean Baty 2 2,008 27-12-2015, 05:28
Last Post: Jerome
  Recording an EP ct200409 3 1,719 19-10-2015, 13:32
Last Post: ct200409
  Recording Music As A Beginner At Home!!! ViewsOnMusic 2 1,859 04-09-2015, 07:23
Last Post: Jerome
  Have anyone tried an online recording service. Gladys 2 1,636 03-05-2015, 04:17
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: