Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Learning a new instrument
#16
Lol..thanks for the recommendation SteveO but it will be a little while before I move onto it. I'm getting the grips of sheet music first and being taught by my son. He has a keyboard and I'm using that as basis to learn this. I'm in the mind set where I know it's a marathon and not a sprint and just doing very simple things to start with. I'm hoping that if I couple this together with plenty of patience I'll be a proficient player one day. I'm prepared for the fact that it may take number of years but I love the sound so much I want to keep as motivated as possible by altering my learning in a flexible way. When I get stuck repeat bits, try to get out of bad habits...etc... I'd love to play like Slash over night but I know that's just not going to happen.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Learning a new instrument - by ambernector - 02-08-2008, 23:16

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master degree graduating project - music instrument product trial PaulM 0 1,543 26-09-2015, 09:01
Last Post: PaulM
  Use YouTube for learning songs? This makes that a lot easier. Sanjay Poyzer 1 1,587 28-11-2013, 18:47
Last Post: SteveO
  General Discussion about Your Learning Progress IanC 6 2,843 02-02-2013, 21:03
Last Post: kronicwasteland
  Anyone knows any good online lessons for learning guitar? yaana 9 6,034 22-09-2012, 01:07
Last Post: SteveO
  Musical Instrument Discussion IanC 16 6,076 20-06-2012, 11:16
Last Post: IanC
  Learning music composition mcleanmel 7 3,354 20-09-2011, 01:06
Last Post: Guardian
  Multi-Instrument Video asluk1011 1 2,020 15-07-2011, 07:13
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: