Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Radio music
#7
PennyLane Wrote:Well the station I mentioned, classic rock station is amazing ! But I do not go there for new music. I usually know what's playing. But there used to be an unbelievable station that played classic rock, indie, punk, a little bit of everything ! And then it got bought out by a z100 type station just crap like Justin Bieber.

I'll give Q104 some credit, they've really upped their game since 101.9 turned talk. I used to be unable to stand Q104 because it was the same old tired playlist, which is especially bad when its a classic rock station because every song on the station has to be old and overplayed anyway. Lately though their setlist has been much more varied and includes a lot of good stuff. Respect maxed out when I caught them playing Rainbow's "Stargazer" in its entirety one night at around 1 AM. Was awesome.

By the way, are you referring to K-Rock as the "Unbelievable station?"

As for my own take on the radio, I'd rather not listen to it. Too many commercials and too much crud. Unfortunately, I drive an old beat up piece of junk and my CD player broke. Sad So, I usually hit around 7 different stations per trip (Even if the destination is only 5 minutes away). Most of the stations are lite stuff as that's all my parents listen to, so that's what I'm used to. 106.7 Lite FM (NYC), Kjoy 98.3 (Long Island Lite), Starz 99.9 (Connecticut, though it doesn't always come in too clear), Fresh 102.7 (Everywhere in the world's lite music, apparently),101.1 WCBS (NY "Oldies"), Q104.3 (NY Classic rock), 107.1 (When I'm at home on LI its "The Peak: World Class Rock" which is mainly underground alternative stuff with some more well known stuff thrown in. Out at school on Staten Island it becomes "The Shore: Jersey's Lite Music Station.") are the ones I listen to. None are really that great. Q104 still has a ton of ads, all the lite stations throw too much borderline rap in to appease the younger demographic, I'm not old enough to enjoy 101.1 at its most and The Peak is too alternative for a long sit-down session.

Its pretty brutal driving around the metropolitan area. There really aren't many good stations left. Sad
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Radio music - by SteveO - 05-06-2012, 20:41

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,663 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,430 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,963 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,816 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,798 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,674 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,208 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,705 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: