Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Closing
#3
I have to say that I thought the selection of songs for the closing was complete crap. And the sound was terrible. The vocals especially.
Lennon singing Imagine was ill conceived as well - I mean the verse they choose is 'Imagine there's no countries...' in the middle of the largest gathering of people from different countries you will ever see.
Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' turned into a limp-wristed performance. Don't even get me started about the Old Spice Girls - music at it's very worst. TT was just verbal diarrhea.
Don't get me wrong - the organization od the games was well executed. But they really need to look at the music they chose and who was chosen to sing/perform as well. That was bloody awful. The only two who made any sort of impact was Annie Lennox and the Welsh/English Choir. The rest was rubbish.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Closing - by suzy7 - 13-08-2012, 00:23

Forum Jump: